Sunday, January 18, 2009

A little help for Brides and Grooms....Part I

Wedding locations, menus, florals, dresses, tuxes, travel arrangements, hotel locations, limos, djs! The "To Do" List for brides and groom is endless and so are the decisions! It can be overwhelming and confusing and knowing the right questions to ask can give you peace of mind. In the next few posts, I hope to assist you by suggesting questions you may wish to ask in interviewing a wedding photographer. In the final post, I'll provide a condensed "questions only" list. (Or if you need the entire list now, just email me, and I'll provide it -right away!)

1. What is your primary style? Posed and formal, photo-journalistic, creative, traditional?

I would classify my style as creative....I have a mixture of posed and formal, artistic and candid...some traditional, some more photo-journalistic in style. Prefer all formal or all candid? I am happy to fulfill your requests.

2. Do you capture images digitally? Can you create both color and black and white versions of the same photo? Is that included in the price?

I capture images digitally, and have the ability to create both color and b/w...please see examples on my website. Yes, it is included in the price. Just let me know which images you would like to have in b/w. I also offer for an additional price, artistic images from your requests.

3. Can you give us a check list that we may request images we want you to capture during the event?

Yes, a shot list is valuable for both of us. I will make every effort to complete your requests, within the limits of opportunity.

4. Are you the wedding photographer who will actually take our photographs?

Yes, I will be your photographer, unless I have a serious illness or unforeseen event which would prevent me from being there. I work full time as a photographer. In the unlikely event that I am unable to be there, I will make every effort to arrange for another highly skilled professional photographer to take my place.

5. Will you be bringing any assistants who will also be taking our pictures?

Unless specifically requested, I will be the only photographer. Occasionally, I bring another photographer to the event as an added value to you, for which you will not be charged. If you require an assistant, I will secure one for an additional fee.

6. What kind of experience, background, and education do you have? Can you provide references?

I have been both primary and secondary photographer and numerous weddings, large and small, in numerous locations, both in Colorado and out of state. Professional and personal references are available. Please feel free to ask for them. I am constantly training and learning, improving my photographic and photoshop skills. I have Bachelor and Masters degrees from Southern Illinois University. I attended local, state wide, and national classes to keep current of new techniques and trends.


7. How many images will you take?


I do not put an upper limit on the number of images I will provide. You will have a generous number within the amount of time you have chosen for the event.



No comments: